Tips for Wedding Planners

Tips for Wedding Planners

Friday, August 3, 2012

Speaking to Potential Clients for the First Time

It can be quite nerve racking when you receive your first few calls from potential clients looking for more information. I remember the very first time someone called me, I was literally shaking because I was afraid I would mess up or sounds like I didn't know what I was talking about. I'm sure the person could tell since she never called back.

Almost immediately after I fielded that call, I put a folder by my computer that contained a few things that would help me should another Bride call with questions. I included a list of all the packages and services I offered along with the prices so I wouldn't misquote what I had on my website.

I also created a call log sheet which I then stuck a few copies of into the folder. This allowed me to remember to ask the questions I needed such as when they were looking to get married, what type of services they were interested, and their contact information should they call again.

Finally, I asked my friend to call me at random (when I wouldn't be expecting it) and pretend she was a Bride calling to ask about my services so I could practice what I would say and get feedback on what worked and what didn't. One week later I had my second call from a potential bride and gained a client! I was much more confident in what I wanted to say and get across, plus I remembered to ask the right questions so that I knew exactly what the Bride was looking for the next time she called.

It helps to practice, so the best thing to do is practice your "sales pitch" to a friend or family member who will be glad to give you the constructive criticism you need to become more confident and sound like you've been doing this job for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment